ANV offers the following services:
- Social gatherings, outings and educational activities in the neighborhood and beyond, such as potlucks, dinner out, movie nights, book clubs, lectures, game nights/afternoons and other local gatherings.
- Daily check-in calls—a quick call each day to be sure you are OK, plus follow-up from ANV if there is a problem.
- Recommendations to preferred vendors.
- Help identifying and accessing County-provided services and other service providers.
- Assistance creating caregiver and other support groups based on the needs and interests of members.
- Transportation to medical appointments, the grocery store, or ANV-sponsored activities.
- Home checks to make sure your house is okay while you are away.
- Household tasks such as changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, changing smoke alarm batteries, moving heavy boxes.
- Errands such as pick-up of prescriptions or dry cleaning.
- Technology assistance to help with email issues, setting up a new TV, programming a thermostat, using a new cell phone, or chatting online with grandchildren.
- Occasional yard care such as light pruning or help planting new flowers.
- Medical companion to serve as another set of ears, making sure all medical information and instructions are noted during a visit to the doctor.
- Support in power outages and weather emergencies, such as snow shoveling or finding someone who can store refrigerated medications.
Posted in: About Services