Arlington Neighborhood Villages has been registered as an eligible charity with the AmazonSmile Program. Signing up to use AmazonSmile is a way to support our programs and services while shopping for things you want and need.
- What is AmazonSmile? AmazonSmile is a charitable giving program sponsored by Amazon. When customers make purchases through this program, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the eligible purchase price to the charity the customer designates. There is no difference in the product selections and prices are exactly the same as Amazon.com.
- How do I sign up for AmazonSmile? Simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You can add a bookmark to make it easy to return.
- How do I designate Arlington Neighborhood Villages as my selected charity? When you first log on to AmazonSmile you will be prompted to designate a charity. Type in Arlington Neighborhood Villages before you begin shopping. AmazonSmile will remember your designation, and every subsequent purchase of an eligible product will result in a donation.
- Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations? Nearly every Amazon product is eligible. Currently only recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not eligible. You will see “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on product detail pages.
- What happens to my existing Amazon.com account when I use AmazonSmile? No change is made to your existing Amazon.com account. Your shopping cart, wish list, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings remain the same.
- How much does Amazon donate? The AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, AmazonSmile may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations.
- Can I receive a tax deduction for the amounts donated from my purchases? Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax-deductible by you.