Welcome to Arlington Neighborhood Village!
Arlington Neighborhood Village (ANV) is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization dedicated to helping older residents of Arlington County, Virginia continue living in their own homes — safely, independently, and with an enhanced quality of life.
Since April 2014, Arlington Neighborhood Village has been serving residents throughout the county who are 55 and older. Adult volunteers of all ages provide transportation and shopping assistance, access to social and cultural activities, health and wellness programs, simple home repairs, as well as information on a host of professional and social services.
ANV members and volunteers join ANV for many reasons, including to:
- Have back-up support during a period of incapacity, now or in the future.
- Make a community connection, especially for those recently retired or relocated to Arlington.
- Volunteer to help their neighbors.
- Get a little help with errands or getting to the grocery store or medical appointments.
- Receive help with technology or minor household repairs.
- Enjoy more peace of mind — for themselves and their family members.
- Support the mission and ensure ANV’s future.
ANV is Grateful for You!
We give thanks and express our deep gratitude for the health and safety of our members, for the steadfast dedication of our volunteers, and for the generosity of the Arlington community.
We are pleased to report that thanks to your support, along with a matching grant of $5,000 from the Scheidel Foundation, we surpassed our fundraising goal of $20,000!
Your donations directly enable ANV to help more older adults in Arlington age in place safely while remaining connected to the community. Because of you, we will be able to support more seniors, especially those with lower income seniors, launch new initiatives that will enrich lives, and be better prepared to serve the needs of our community.
Whether you are a donor, member, volunteer, or friend–THANK YOU for playing a role in improving the lives of individuals, and contributing to the well-being and resiliency of the entire Arlington community.
ANV By the Numbers, for 2020: