Benefits for Full & Associate Members
- Social gatherings, outings and educational activities such as
- Holiday potlucks
- Health and wellness programs
- Docent-led tours of historical and cultural sites
- Weekly speakers on interesting topics
- Happy hours
- Dining out groups
- Special interest groups – from opera to bocce
- Daily check-in calls—a quick call each day to be
sure you are OK, plus follow-up from ANV if there is a problem.
- Help identifying and accessing county-provided services and other service providers.
- Arlington County 55+ Pass
- Washington Consumers’ CHECKBOOK subscription
- “Lifeline” monitoring system discount
Additional Benefits for Full Members
- Transportation — for example, to medical appointments, the grocery store, or ANV-sponsored activities.
- Home checks to make sure your house is okay while you are away.
- Household tasks such as changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, changing smoke alarm batteries, or moving heavy boxes.
- Errands such as grocery shopping and pick-up of prescriptions or dry cleaning.
- Technology assistance such as helping with email issues, setting up a new TV, programming a thermostat, using a new cell phone, or chatting online with grandchildren.
- Occasional yard care such as light pruning or help planting new flowers.
- Support in power outages and weather emergencies, such as snow shoveling or finding someone who can store refrigerated medications.
Today is the day! Become a Member ♦ Volunteer ♦ Donate