*** Update: this position has now been filled ***
Arlington Neighborhood Village is a volunteer-driven non-profit organization, serving residents 55 and older in Arlington County, VA. ANV’s mission is to enable members to continue living in their own homes as they age – safely, independently, and with an enhanced quality of life – by providing access to support services and social opportunities. For an annual fee, members have access to a variety of volunteer-provided services such as transportation, minor home maintenance, and social, educational, and wellness programs.
Member Services Manager
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Member Services Manager ensures that the ANV office and information system operate efficiently and in a manner that fully supports the organization’s mission. The Member Services Manager is a part-time position, 25 hours/week, that supervises office volunteers who typically work 2-1/2 hour shifts, and supports the office in times where no office volunteers are available. The principal place of work is the ANV office, open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Provide a warm, welcoming and orderly base of operations for ANV
- Ensure that high-quality, timely, direct services are provided to all ANV members
- Manage office volunteers such that member services are organized and fulfilled with a consistently high degree of customer satisfaction
- Manage the use of ANV’s information system, resulting in efficient processing and high quality, reliable data
- Scope and oversee the implementation of information system changes, as necessary to achieve efficiencies and support the organization’s mission
- Provide specific support, reliably, transparently and as defined, to essential ANV processes, including: Events, Outreach, Membership processing, Volunteer processing, and Donor processing
- Customer service experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Trouble-shooting and diplomacy skills
- Proficiency in use of a variety of office technologies, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Office management
- Data management experience (e.g. data entry, report writing)
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Experience with document management software (e.g. SharePoint)
- Non-profit / mission driven organization experience
- Bachelor’s degree
$20/hour for 25 hours a week.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until filled.
For more information about Arlington Neighborhood Village and its activities and programs please visit our website at www.arlnvil.org.