Welcome to Arlington Neighborhood Villages!
Arlington Neighborhood Villages (ANV) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enabling older residents of Arlington County, Virginia, to continue living in their own homes and communities as they age. ANV is part of a nationwide Village network that helps its members retain their independence safely and with an enhanced quality of life.
To celebrate our grand opening, ANV is offering Charter Membership to everyone who pays their membership fee before ANV opens its doors in March 2014. As a Charter Member, you will receive an additional month’s service so that your first membership year is 13 months long!
Arlington Neighborhood Villages combines elements of a senior cooperative, a social club, and a concierge service. We offer our members transportation and shopping assistance, access to social and cultural activities, exercise and fitness opportunities, household and home maintenance, as well as information on a host of professional and social services.
Do you find you are…
- Tired of asking neighbors to drive you to the grocery store or medical appointments?
- Needing help with minor household repairs?
- Wanting to make new social connections now that you are retired?
- Having trouble reaching that ceiling light bulb that needs replacing?
- Needing recommendations for roofers, plumbers, electricians?
- Frustrated with computer, TV, DVD or answering machine problems?
- Wanting to socialize more, but unable to get out on your own?
With one call, Arlington Neighborhood Villages will match your request with a willing volunteer or refer you to recommended professional services and vendors who may even offer a discount.
If you are an Arlington County resident 55 or older, you are eligible for membership. County residents of any age can sign up to be village volunteers to provide services. Be part of an exciting venture that will enable you and your neighbors to remain in your own community, helping one another and making Arlington your home for a lifetime.